Monday, October 17, 2011

A way with words




My mother has the ability to paint with words. Whether she uses a paper canvas or crafts her pictures on a conversational mural, she is able to produce striking images. A few days ago, she wrote the following nugget on my Facebook wall and I wanted to share it here:




I go with you to our favorite spots.
Levines bakery and later sledding in Central Park.
We fall to the earth with the snowflakes laughing.
You are here, still, in every waking hour. - Shari Thomas

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Clicking "Like" just didn't seem quite good enough for that quote. I love that others also have such a special relationship with their mom!

Unknown said...

You are too sweet. I was worried that would come across too cheesy, but I can't help but admire that woman.