Monday, November 9, 2009

Voices from Cuba

My mother told me about this blogger, Yoani Sanchez, who lives in Cuba. She has to e-mail her posts out of the country to be published by someone else (due to the strict laws there).

Her blog, Generation Y, is fascinating and echoes a lot of the feelings I picked up when living there, although I was only 11 years old.

I've realized that my family hardly ever talks about our time there. We lived there for a few months while my dad was conducting his dissertation research. Although it was only a few months, the numerous amounts of individual stories and pain I encountered will never leave me.

You should read this blog; Yoani is taking major risks by publishing it. She was just arrested and beaten on Friday, November 7, because of her blog.

Here is the link: http://www.desdecuba.com/generationy/

No comments: