Thursday, August 27, 2009

Yes, the Town of Forks is Real

Laugh, tease me or call me crazy, but I just finished one of the best book series ever.

I resisted Twilight as long as I could, till one of my best friends, Rachel, rented the movie for lack of something better to watch. I was hooked. Over the past two and a half weeks, I've ravaged through the four books in the series. Nothing has been able to break my focus, not even my first two weeks of grad school and the enormity of work that has come with it.

If you haven't tried the books, I strongly encourage you to read them. I don't care how old you are or if you hate reading, these books are amazing.

Oh, and the town of Forks, where the series takes place, actually exists! My family is from Washington State (not far from Forks) and my mom stopped by the town last week during her visit there. I must plan a trip soon to do some investigating of my own. :)

WARNING: SPOILER ALERT!

If you've read the Twilight series, please look at the comic below. I got it from my friend Amy Cathy's blog. (Click on the image to enlarge it)

No comments: